kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Pruning

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Forum Purpose - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Forum Pruning
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

There are many forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, and other interactive community type venues on the internet. In my humble opinion, there are several specific advantages and disadvantages to all. Most share several common problems, not the least of which is the need to keep every post ever written by any body who has ever logged on. -- Wheww, one could get lost out there clicking around.

The forum Truth in Jesus, kf1.org/forum, will be pruned, by hand, regularly. All posts are subject to deletion over time. The forum software has a function which will delete old posts. This function is not used. Post deletion will be decided on content and age and deleted by hand. In practice we must see how the Lord may lead in this.

This is a new concept to me, and others. In practice we must Let the Lord Lead in this.

It is my studied opinion that most forum threads can be distilled for clear and concise content. The Bible says, "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise." And "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few." And "Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out." And "Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors." -- Proverbs10:19 -- Ecclesiastes5:2 -- Proverbs20:5 -- Psalm119:24 -- See also multitude+counsel_wordsearch

Great respect is given to each individual poster and their articles. No editing of posts will be done by anyone other than the original poster. Generous quoting of posts is expected.

However posts may be deleted as they get old, or the forum thread becomes outdated or off subject. Often a new thread may be created. Again, 'we' will see how the Lord may work this out in practice.

I think and feel: Any thing worth saying is worth saying better. Anything worth saying well, is worth remembering. "The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd." -- Ecclesiastes12:11

Registered Members have complete editing control over their posts. Pruning is a function performed by Forum Moderation. Please leave your posts up as long as they would normally remain.

Sincerely, in Jesus, Ken
Jesus comes. Period.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Forum Purpose - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: