kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freight Trains and Whispers

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Chat about Jesus - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child_of_God

Post reference link - PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Freight Trains and Whispers
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

My husband, (yes it's true!) Ken says.....
Quote:
Jesus comes. Like a freight train!

I think....or,maybe like a whisper! 1Kings 19:12

But, I do understand what he means, especially when one tries to visualize the "sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of it's place" Rev. 6:14.

My fondness for 1 Kings 19:12 goes back many years. I had been going to a particular church where everything was debated, discussed, and practically beat to death with very little of the "love one another" teaching put into use. (Needless to say, I didn't go very much!) However, the time I did attend was spent trying to convince myself that the louder, the more show, the more "drizzled with forceful, elaborate and 'studied' opinions" were important to God's Word! Phooooey.... sometimes, what people think God should, could and will do is just plain wrong! During that time, I took an Old Testament Bible class in college and in the course of the research and writing , I found 1 Kings 19:12! God doesn't have to put on a show, He can wrap you in the gentle breeze of a whisper! Why would any one want to ride out a hurricane when a gentle breeze will do? I am and have been so comforted by his gentle breezes.

God can do anything....He can whisper in a breeze or he can roar from a burning bush. Our human problem is usually learning to listen! Laughing
debonnaire

Post reference link - PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject:

It is a fact there can be loud and rather disconcerting voices , even among Christian circles.
But that would not be an hindrance to hear from God for every disciple. This is His will that we are all learned from God , and that we don’t have necessarily rely on someone else. Smile

Hebrews 8 :10-12

The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my la! ws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

ChildOfGod wrote:
God can do anything....He can whisper in a breeze or he can roar from a burning bush. Our human problem is usually learning to listen!

That is right ! Smile
As it is written in the book of Job : God speaks sometimes in a way and sometimes in another way, and we don’t pay attention.
Or we don’t always pay attention maybe.

I agree that God speaks to us in a gentle breeze , or in other words with a still voice of the Holy Spirit, either when we read the bible in a prayerful attitude with the desire to learn from Him or sometimes more directly in our spirit. I will always remember this morning some years ago when the Holy spirit gave me this verse in my heart “a joyful heart is a good remedy”. Receiving from God His word as an immediate effect in our inner attitude. As it is written in a psalm : He sent His Word and He healed them”. there was also a couple of times in the first year of my new life where the Holy Spirit communicated me important messages , not so much in a gentle manner but “strongly”, so that I would remember these important exhortations. This day when He said strongly in my inner being “Fight the good fight” (1 timothy 1:18 ), it was as if an invisible boxer had hit me in my stomach, lol. It was good all the same ! Laughing
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Two things impress me

Child_of_God wrote:
. . .where everything was debated, discussed, and practically beat to death with very little of the "love one another" teaching put into use.
and
Why would any one want to ride out a hurricane when a gentle breeze will do? I am and have been so comforted by his gentle breezes.
God can do anything....He can whisper in a breeze or he can roar from a burning bush. Our human problem is usually learning to listen!

debonnaire wrote:
But that would not be an hindrance to hear from God for every disciple. This is His will that we are all learned from God , and that we don’t have necessarily rely on someone else.
and
God speaks sometimes in a way and sometimes in another way, and we don’t pay attention.
Or we don’t always pay attention maybe.
and
I agree that God speaks to us in a gentle breeze , or in other words with a still voice of the Holy Spirit, either when we read the bible in a prayerful attitude with the desire to learn from Him or sometimes more directly in our spirit. . . . Receiving from God His word as an immediate effect in our inner attitude.

What impresses me here is two fold. It seems we agree God can speak to each of His children directly. As debonnaire pointed out with the Scriptures in Hebrews, we are in the Gospel dispensation where God is supposed to speak directly to our conscience through His word in Jesus, and not through others in the priesthood.
Now we are the priesthood. (God still uses others in our salvation, but just in a different way, although at core the principles were/are always the same.)

Secondly, from God's perspective of Father to children, we don't have a very long attention span. Compared to Angels we have short attention. And living in a sinful world, in sinful flesh, well that makes it a whole new ball game. It is a wonder any of us can hear God at all. But He is able to get our attention and teach us. God isn't worried too much about the world. God does tenderly lead each of His humble children. Sometimes He does it with the whisper, sometimes with the belt, but always with our individual eternal needs in mind. Don't you agree?
---
Jesus comes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Chat about Jesus - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: