kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yahshua
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Who am I? - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mommeya

Post reference link - PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Yahshua
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

I don't want to add confusion to anyones life but this question has been laying on my heart for about 6 years.. Jesus was born Hebrew and was given a Hebrew name. I understand a rose by any name is still a Rose... But the name above all names should be said correctly... right? well this is what haunts me. My name is in many different languages but I only use one and ask everyone to call me by it. I would like to read everyones heart felt feelings on the subject as well as scriptures.

Why Yahushua?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issue of the Messiah's name is a very important one. If you don't believe me, read the below scriptures:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Yahushua Messiah for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Yahushua Messiah of Nazareth, rise up and walk."

Acts 3:16 "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which [comes] through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, "By what power or by what name have you done this?"

Acts 4:10 "let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Yahushua Messiah of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom YAHWEH raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.

Acts 4:12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Acts 4:17 "But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in this name." 18 And they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Yahushua.

Acts 4:30 "by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Yahushua."

Acts 5:28 saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!"

Acts 5:40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten [them], they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Yahushua, and let them go. 41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of YAHWEH and the name of Yahushua Messiah, both men and women were baptized.

Acts 8:16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Master Yahushua.

Acts 9:14 "And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name." 15 But the Master said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. 16 "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."

Acts 9:21 Then all who heard were amazed, and said, "Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?"

Acts 9:27 But Barnabas took him and brought [him] to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Master on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Yahushua.

Acts 9:29 And he spoke boldly in the name of the Master Yahushua and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him.

Acts 10:43 "To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins."

Acts 15:14 "Simon has declared how YAHWEH at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name.

Acts 15:26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Master Yahushua Messiah.

Acts 16:18 And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Yahushua Messiah to come out of her." And he came out that very hour.

Acts 18:15 "But if it is a question of words and names and your own law, look [to] [it] yourselves; for I do not want to be a judge of such [matters]."

Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Master Yahushua.

Acts 19:13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Master Yahushua over those who had evil spirits, saying, "We exorcise you by the Yahushua whom Paul preaches."

Acts 19:17 This became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Master Yahushua was magnified.

Acts 21:13 Then Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Master Yahushua."

And this is just in the book of Acts! The name of Yahushua is intricately linked with the person of Yahushua. So in light of the numerous scriptures which show us the importance of His name, we should at least seek to understand how it is pronounced. It is obviously important according to scripture.

Origin of the name "Jesus"

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, the etymological origin of "Jesus" is:

Jesus ..Middle English, from Late Latin Isus, from Greek Isous, from Hebrew yŻ', from yhŰŻa', Joshua...

Notice that it says that the origin of His name is from Latin, then Greek, then Hebrew. So the name "Jesus" is the result of 3 different languages placing their influence on the original name the disciples were proclaiming, baptizing in and praying in. Some of the influence is quite recent. In the 1611 King James Version, it originally had "Iesus" rather than "Jesus" ( photo). Later revisions of the KJV changed it to "Jesus". This leads me to ask some important questions: "Who is the one who gets to decide what it is changed to? Man or Yahweh? And if Yahushua is supposed to be the same yesterday, today and forever, why do they keep changing His name?"

If you look up the name "Jesus" in a Strong's lexicon it has "Iesous":

"2424 Iesous ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus."

Notice that it traces the name of Messiah to Hebrew word #3091 in the Strong's lexicon. This name is the same name as "Joshua, Son of Nun". In the Hebrew, this name is spelled .

While there are some out there claiming that "Jesus" is somehow derived from "Zeus", I have yet to find anyone who is willing to present hard evidence of this claim. One person wrote a book which claimed that "Iesous" means "Hail Zeus". When I contacted him by phone and asked him for evidence of this claim, he said "Iesous" means "Hail Zeus" in the sense that when you say the "Ie" it sounds like "Yaayy" and "Yaayy" is what people do in modern sports games when they hail their team. Thus, the statement that "Iesous" meant "Hail Zeus" had nothing to do with its meaning in the Greek language.

In fact, the Greek language spells Zeus (#2203 in the Strong's Lexicon) as ZeuV and doesn't even have the same letters or sound as the second syllable in IhsouV (Iesous). First of all, the Z in ZeuV produces a "dz" sound, not an "s" sound. Also the eu combination in ZeuV sounds like "eu as in feud", a letter combination not found in any form of IhsouV/Iesous. So is ZeuV is actually pronounced "Dzyooce" and not "Sooce". These things alone make it appear quite impossible that Iesous comes from "Zeus". Look at the first page of the Greek Lexicon in your Strong's concordance if you want confirmation of the sounds of these Greek letters.

Another important point is that the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures that was completed many years before Yahushua came to earth, also rendered the Hebrew name "Yahushua" as IhsouV

(Iesous). This fact alone clearly demonstrates that "Iesous" is a Greek form of and wasn't a form invented by apostate Christians who wanted to honor Zeus in some way.
Interestingly, there is evidence that although the name of Yahushua was written in Greek as IhsouV, it may have actually been pronounced the way a Hebrew speaking person would pronounce it. Around 178 CE, a pagan by the name of Celsus engaged in written debates with Christians. In one of them, Celsus (speaking of Christians) said:

"But of course they think otherwise: they assume that by pronouncing the name of their teacher they are armored against the powers of the earth and air. And they are quite insistent on the efficacy of the name as a means of protection: pronounce it improperly, they say, and it is ineffective. Greek and Latin will not do; it must be said in a barbarian tongue to work. Silly as they are, one finds them standing next to a a statue of Zeus or Apollo or some other god, and shouting, "see here: I blaspheme it and strike it, but it is powerless against me for I am a Christian." Celsus on the True Doctrine, A Discourse Against the Christians, R. Joseph Hoffman (page118)

Notice that Celsus was quoting Christians as saying that the name of "their teacher" (Yahushua no doubt) must not be spoken "improperly" and that it must not be spoken in a "Greek" way or "Latin" way, but in a "Barbarian tongue" for it to be effective. Of course, to the pagans the Hebrew language was nothing more than a barbarian language. This lends evidence that even though the name of Yahushua was written as IhsouV, there were at least some people speaking it in the Hebrew way. The Greek alphabet simply lacks the letters necessary to correctly convey how the name is pronounced in Hebrew.

So how is the name pronounced? Let's start with the form that is found in various Hebrew Lexicons: "Yehoshua".

Yehoshua

In the Strong's concordance and other Hebrew Lexicons, the pronunciation listed for the Messiah's name is typically "Yehoshua". While I do not believe we should be getting all of our Hebrew learning from a Strong's lexicon alone (that would be dangerous) , most of us do own a Strong's Concordance so I will be using it during this study for the purposes of illustration.

The reason for the "Yehoshua" pronunciation is due to the Hebrew vowel pointing added by the Masorite scribes. The vowel points are the little dots and dashes under and above certain Hebrew letters. Unlike English, Hebrew was written with mostly all consonants. It was up to the reader to supply the vowels in each word based on the context of the word. The Masorites were concerned that Hebrew was becoming a lost language so they invented the vowel point system to preserve the sounds of the Hebrew language. However, in keeping with tradition they were not interested in letting everyone speak the pronunciation of the Heavenly Father's name. For this reason, they pointed the Heavenly Father's name to produce the sound "Yehovah".

To avoid speaking the Heavenly Father's name, the Jewish tradition was to say "Adonai" ("Lord") instead of Yahweh. For this reason, our English bibles also say "LORD" instead of "Yahweh". So rather than supplying the true vowels of the Heavenly Father's name, the scribes inserted the vowels for "Adonai" so that the reader would be reminded to say "Adonai" rather than Yahweh.

But what if the Hebrew scriptures contained a phrase such as "Adonai Yahweh" (Master Yahweh)? They would then have to say "Adonai Adonai", a rather odd (if not a bit embarrassing) phrase. Their solution was to put the vowel points for "Elohim" within the Heavenly Father's name so that they would be reminded to say "Adonai Elohim" instead of "Adonai adonai". This is even mentioned in the Strong's lexicon and it lists it as a different word number. Read what it says:

"136" is the Hebrew word "Adonai" and "430" is the Hebrew word "Elohim". So these vowel points are used within the Father's name whenever His name follows 136 (Adonai). And they pronounce this as 430 (Elohim) to avoid having to say Adonai twice. For this reason, many English translations will render "Adonai Yahweh" as "the Lord GOD" with "GOD" being in all capitals to let the reader know that this is where the sacred name is found in the Hebrew. Very few even know that this is why "GOD" is sometimes in all capital letters (See Gen 15:2 for one of hundreds of examples of this). It is amazing how far men will go in order to cleave to tradition!

So how does this relate to the pronunciation of the Messiah's name? Let's take a look at His name again in the Strong's Lexicon:

Notice that there are other names listed in the Strong's concordance which contain the first three letters of Yahweh's name. And just like Yahweh's name which starts with the "Yeho" vowel points, they use the "Yeho" vowel points in "Yehoram", "Yehosheba", "Yehoshaphat" and numerous other names which contain the first part of Yahweh's name. The scribes apparently did not want anyone to accidentally pronounce the Heavenly Father's name when saying these other names, so they changed the vowel points of those names as well.

Interestingly, they did not change the pronunciation of these same three letters when it was at the end of a person's name. For instance, look at how Zechariah's name is presented in the Hebrew text:

Notice the different vowel pointing and pronunciation herein ("ZecharYahu"). Phonetically, the first three letters in the Heavenly Father's name are also pronounced "Yahu". For this reason, the Heavenly Father's name can be written as "YAHUeh" or "YAHWeh" and the same pronunciation will result, just as in the word "Persuade" could also be spelled "Perswade". I prefer to use a W so that there is less confusion over how the name is to be pronounced.

By the way, for those who think we cannot know what the vowel sounds were in Yahweh's name, it only takes a little research to find the pronunciation of "Yod Heh Waw" because the scribes had no problem giving the correct pronunciation of these three letters at the end of a name. Because it ends in 'Yahu', there was considered to be no risk in accidentally saying "Yahueh/Yahweh". This would also explain why the scribes used the correct vowel points in the shortened form of Yahweh's name ("Yah"):

They even used the correct vowel pointing in "HalleluYah". Thus, the only time they would revert to the "Yeho" pronunciation of these three letters was when it was at the beginning of a Hebrew name. But I want nothing to do with the unscriptural tradition of saying "Adonai/Lord/Elohim/God" in place of Yahweh. That is one reason I do not refer to the Messiah as "Yehoshua". "Yeho(ah)" does not save, "Yahu(eh)" saves!

Having said this, there are some Hebrew students and scholars who have noticed that a natural progression of Hebrew language is to shorten the first vowel and lengthen the second whenever the accent is on the third syllable (in this case "shu") of a Hebrew word. This would indeed result in the "Y'hoshua" or "Yehoshua" pronunciation. For this reason, some believe "Yehoshua" to actually be the correct pronunciation.

But while this may be true in normal Hebrew words, there is plenty of evidence to support that this was not true in personal names--especially with names containing the first part of Yahweh's name. The Murashu texts, dated 5th century BCE and written on clay tablets in cuneiform script, list the names of about 70 Jewish settlers in Persia. In these tablets, vowels are used. The Hebrew names which begin with Yod Heh Waw all are written "Yahu-" and never "Y'ho".

"In the cuneiform texts Yeho [YHW], Yo [YW] and Yah [YH] are written Yahu, as for example in the names Jehu (Yahu-a), Jehoahaz (Yahu-khazi) and Hezekiah (Khazaqi-yahu)" A. H. Sayce in "Higher Criticism" notes on p. 87

Notice that not only were names beginning with "Yeho" written as "Yahu", but also names beginning with "Yo" such as "Yoseph" (Joseph) and "Yoel" (Joel) were written as "Yahu". This indicates Joseph and Joel were originally "Yahuseph" and "Yahuel".

Also, cuneiform tablets (also containing vowels) were discovered near the Ishtar gate in Babylon which give a list of workers and captives to whom rations were given. In addition to validating the biblical account in 2Kings 25:27-29 where it mentions that Jehoiachin (Yahuiachin) ate at the King's table, these tablets help to establish the way these names were pronounced before the Masorite scribes inserted their vowel pointings based on tradition:

"Yaukin, king of the land of Yahud," ("Jehoiachin, the king of the land of Judah")

Another witness is found in an inscription of the Assyrian monarch Tiglath-pileser III (Gressmann Bilder 348; ANET 282a). When listing those kings who were paying tribute to this Assyrian King, it mentions "Yauhazi", also known as "Ahaz". Various lexicons such as the New Brown-Driver-Briggs-Gesenius Hebrew-English Lexicon (p. 219 b) and the Hebrew Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament (under "Ahaz") mention this inscription as well.

With all the evidence, it becomes clear that the name was never originally pronounced "Yehoshua". Rather "Yahushua" is more correct and there is no reason mispronounce the Heavenly Father's name when speaking the name of His Son. Just as names which end with a reference to Yahweh correctly convey the Father's name ("ZecharYah/ZecharYahu"), so do the names which begin with it.

Yeshua

Much used by the Messianic movement, "Yeshua" is actually an Aramaic form of the Hebrew name "Yahushua". In the Hebrew script, it is not spelled the same as Yahushua. The "Yeshua" name, spelled (Yod Shin Waw Ayin), is found in the books of Nehemiah and Ezra where it lists the names of those who returned from the Babylonian exile. One of them is called "Jeshua, the son of Jozadak":

Ezra 3:2 Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the YAHWEH of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of YAHWEH.

"Jeshua the Son of Jozadak" is the same High Priest mentioned in Zechariah 6:

Zechariah 6:11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;

Notice that in Zechariah, he is not called "Jeshua the son of Jozadak" but he is called "Joshua the son of Josedech" (Heb. Yahushua the son of Yahutsadak). This reflects the Hebrew spelling of the same name. So in Zechariah, he is called Yahushua but in Ezra he is called Yeshua. The book of Nehemiah also changes the name of Joshua the son of Nun to "Jeshua, the son of Nun":

Nehemiah 8:17 And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.

The change in spelling to "Jeshua/Yeshua" ("Yod Shin Waw Ayin" ) is due to the Aramaic influence during the exile. In fact, parts of the book of Ezra are written in Aramaic. For confirmation, look at your Strong's Lexicon:

Notice that #3442 and #3443 are the same exact word with the same Hebrew spelling, but this lexicon lists them separately. Why is this? Well, if you looked up "Jeshua" in the concordance, you will notice that it lists "Jeshua" in Ezra 3:2 as coming from #3442 and "Jeshua" in Ezra 5:2 coming from #3443. The reason for the two different Strong's word numbers is Ezra 5:2 is a part of the book of Ezra which was written in Aramaic ( Ezra 4:8 through 6:18; 7:12-26). This is why #3443 mentions "Yeshuwa" as coming from "Chaldean" in the above definition (3443. Yeshuwa' (Chald.)). Therefore, "Yeshua" is actually an Aramaic rendering of "Yahushua".

Now, some claim that Yeshua is a pure Hebrew word which isn't derived from "Yahushua" at all, but that it is a Hebrew word meaning "Salvation". The problem with that is the Hebrew word for "Salvation" is not (yeshua) at all! The Hebrew word for "Salvation" is word number #3444. Take a look again in the above lexicon graphic and see the differences between 3442/3443 and 3444. They are:

There is an additional Hebrew letter at the end (the "Heh"). uses the silent (but anciently guttural) "Ayin" letter to end the word, but #3444 ends in the letter "Heh". While vowel letter under both words indicate they have have a similar sounding ending, the different spelling indicates they are two different words.

In #3444 (Yeshuwah) there is a different vowel pointing under the first Hebrew letter (Yod [remember Hebrew reads from right to left]). 3442/3443 (YESHUA) has 2 horizontal dots underneath the first letter like this: . These two horizontal dots represent the Hebrew Vowel point "Tsere" (pronounced Tsey-rey) which produces the "ey" sound as in the English word "Hey". But #3444 has two vertical dots underneath the first letter like this . The two vertical dots represent the Hebrew vowel point "Sheva" which is a very short "e", somewhat like our "E" sound in the word "Average" (Check the first page of your Strong's Hebrew Lexicon for verification of this).

Incidentally, the (Sheva) is also the vowel point used by the scribes in "Yehoshua" and it is why you will sometimes see "Yehoshua" or "Yeshua" written as "Y'hoshua" and "Y'shua". The purpose of the ' is to indicate the presence of the sheva vowel point in Hebrew. But as you can see, "Yeshua" does not contain that vowel point at all. "Yeshua" uses the "Tsere" Hebrew vowel point which produces an "ey" sound. So Yeshua and Y'shuah are actually pronounced differently. The Strong's Lexicon indicated this when it gave the pronunciation of as 'yay-shoo-ah', but #3444 as 'yesh-oo-aw'.
So the name "Yeshua" and the Hebrew word "Y'shuah" are not the same. "Yeshua" is the Aramaic form of "Yahushua" and "Y'shuah" is the Hebrew word for "Salvation". Therefore, in spite of what some may say, I find no evidence to suggest that ("Yeshua") means "Salvation" in Hebrew. "Yeshua" is actually not an authentic Hebrew word meaning "salvation". For it to mean "Salvation" it would have to have the Hebrew letter "heh" added to the end of it, changing the spelling to Yod Shin Waw Ayin Heh and it would need to have the "Sheva" vowel point under the Yod. These things further indicate that "Yeshua" isn't from Hebrew, but is an Aramaic form of "Yahushua".

Since the Heavenly Father's name (Yahweh) is a Hebrew name, I would not expect to see His Son's name coming from some other language, whether it be Greek, Latin, Aramaic or English. If neither of these languages do it right, why not return to the original and correct form?

Yahshua

This is another popular way of writing the Messiah's name but I have never seen an example of this word anywhere in scripture. It appears to have its origins in the Sacred Name movement in the 1930's when certain men saw that "Jesus" was derived from "Joshua". Since they understood that the "J" sound is not in the Hebrew language, "Yahshua" was apparently considered correct. It made sense so I used this form for many years. However, I later learned that "Yahshua" clearly ignores the third letter of the Messiah's name (Waw) which gives us the "oo" (u) sound in Yah ushua. To demonstrate this, let's look at the individual letters of .

Yod - Produces a "Y" or "I" sound.

Heh - As a Hebrew vowel letter it produces the "Ah" or "Oh" sound (like in #8283 "Sarah" and #8010 Sh'lomoh). Otherwise produces the "H" sound and the "ah" sound would have to be supplied by the reader.

Waw - Also called "Vav". As a Hebrew vowel letter it produces an "oo" (u) or "oh" sound (like in #7307 Ruach). Otherwise produces a "W" sound. This is the ignored letter in the pronunciation "Yahshua". This letter is nowhere represented. Where is the W or initial U??

Shin - Produces the "sh" sound. The following "oo" sound is indicated by a vowel pointing but Deut. 3:21 and Judges 2:7 actually gives us another "waw" after this letter, proving the "shu" pronunciation as valid. This is why Strong's 3091 gives 2 possible spellings (see above lexicon graphic). This also eliminates "Yasha/Yahusha" and "Yahoshea/Yahushea" as being possibilities.

Ayin - Silent without a vowel point but indicates an "ah" sound at the end of "Yahushua".

So if the Messiah's name was "Yahshua", we would have to delete the third letter (waw) in . For this reason, cannot not be pronounced "Yahshua".

There are some who claim that "Yahshua" is actually the correct pronunciation of the Aramaic word ("Yeshua") and the Hebrew scribes simply took out the proper vowel sounds, replacing the "Yah" with "Ye". But as mentioned before, is not a legitimate Hebrew word. Also, as seen in the above scans of the Strong's Lexicon (and the Hebrew manuscripts as well), the scribes used the "Sheva" vowel pointing to replace the "Ah" sound in "Yahweh" and "Yahushua", not the "Tsere" vowel pointing as is found in the name "Yeshua". If they were interested in changing the vocalization of "Yeshua" to fit their tradition, one would expect them to use the as they did in and all of the other names beginning with "Yah".

Why use Yahushua?

Since we seek to walk in the truth, we should want to proclaim His name as Yahweh gave it. Yahweh is the one who named His Son and we simply have no business changing it. It is all these changes that has brought about the confusion. It can be complicated to sort through it all, but truth seeking is an honorable thing that is pleasing in Yahweh's eyes.

Of course, if we are somehow unable to pronounce the Messiah's name, certainly Yahweh is able to show mercy. But if we are able to, what reason do we have to continue in error? It is better to cleave to what Yahweh gave rather than continuing in the traditions and mistakes of men. Continuing in error is never superior to walking in the truth.

Yahweh predicted what His Son's name would be, so we have something we can look to for clarification. In the book of Zechariah, it states:

Zechariah 6:9-13 And the word of Yahweh came unto me, saying, 10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah; 11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua [YAHUSHUA] the son of Josedech, the high priest; 12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Yahweh of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of Yahweh: 13 Even he shall build the temple of Yahweh; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
"The Branch" is a prophetic reference to the coming Messiah who would be a Priest AND King (Compare Psallm 110, Isaiah 9:6).

So Zechariah was instructed to take a crown and place it on the head of Yahushua (in the Hebrew it has ), the son of Yahutsadak. Yahutsadak means "Yahweh is righteous". When placing the crown on the head of the High Priest, Zechariah was told to proclaim:

"Behold the man whose NAME is the BRANCH".

Thus, this High Priest (Yahushua) had the same name as the coming Messiah who would reign as a priest on His throne. Yahweh revealed what His name would be, so why not call Him by that name? We see the examples of the apostles who were proclaiming His name, baptizing in His name, healing in His name, being persecuted for His name, etc. Let's be willing to do the same by using the Messiah's name as it is written and understood in Hebrew with a very important Hebrew meaning:

Yahweh saves!

Strong's Number: 2203 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
zeuŖ of uncertain affinity
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Zeus None
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
dzyooce Noun Masculine

Definition
Jupiter or Zeus = "a father of helps"
the national god of the Greeks and corresponds to the Roman Jupiter

NAS Word Usage - Total: 2
Zeus 2

14:12
And they called Barnabas * , Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
debonnaire

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject:

Greetings sister Mommeya

Interesting article. Smile
wow , a lot of work certainly ! Surprised

I believe that the most important is to know the person . When you know the person, there is great chance that you also know the name of the person.

People who know Jesus in a superficial way , because they have heard of him or whatever, canít really understand what His name means, until they come to Him.... to the place .. yes to the seat of Grace in repentance and faith that they will be received and welcome by Him who has borne their sins.

In the bible , a name is often related to the personality , or character , position , destiny authority of the person, [sometimes in an ironic way].

Yahweh saves ! Yes , thatís what describes the best who is Yahweh and what He has done through the Messiah

Luke 1
68"Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
because he has come and has redeemed his people.
69He has raised up a horn of salvation for us
in the house of his servant David

Sometimes , by revelation , some said of Jesus/Yashuah "You are the Holy one of Israel".

Who among those who donít have a living communion with him , can know that He is Immanuel (God with us) ?

Mathew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

The apostles have been everyday with Jesus. They did not always understand him , but after He was crucified resurrected and sat at the right hand of the Father , and they received the Holy spirit who was promised, they could be full of assurance in witnessing , the Lord accompanying them and confirming His word.
They could say ďIn the name of JesusĒ, because they knew him. Exclamation
They knew that all authority had been given to Jesus.

Yesterday I was reading :
2 Peter 3-18 "...grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen."

A thought :
Christians are ambassadors for Christ. Ambassadors represent another person who has sent them and gave them authority to act , speak or write in his name. If Christians act in the world according to WHO Jesus is, they are acting in his Name.

http://www.theopenlife.com/music/abrahamjuliot/abeindex.htm
Mommeya

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Ac 4:7 - And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?

The question is by what power or what name...

Ro 9:17 - or the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Ps 116:13 - I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Ac 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The name is important...

1Pe 3:21 -
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Col 2:12 - Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Ro 6:4 - Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Eph 4:5 - One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ac 8:16 - (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Ac 19:5 - When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ac 21:13 - Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ac 8:12 - But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Ac 19:17 - And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
Php 2:10 - That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

NAME.. A NAME IS IMPORTANT IT HAS MEANING IT HAS POWER.

Thank you for the link to songs. Smile Razz
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: misconceptions

Mommeya wrote:
I don't want to add confusion to anyones life but this question has been laying on my heart for about 6 years.. Jesus was born Hebrew and was given a Hebrew name. I understand a rose by any name is still a Rose... But the name above all names should be said correctly... right? well this is what haunts me. My name is in many different languages but I only use one and ask everyone to call me by it. I would like to read everyones heart felt feelings on the subject as well as scriptures.
.AND.
Mommeya wrote:

Ro 9:17 - or the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Ps 116:13 - I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Ac 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The name is important...

I have an exact answer for you sister.
I just hope and pray you can deal with this, as it may not be what you want to hear.
You have done a lot of valuable research in the above post. It takes mining, like looking for diamonds, to decipher undercurrents. I appreciate the insight you have helped give me into what is going on with these type doctrines .

Below is an involved answer. Involved because if this has been bothering you enough to occupy six years of questioning it needs to be dealt with.

Look closely here.
It seems to me you're working under some assumptions which may be causing the confusion. (after reading your linguistic thesis I have a clearer picture of what is going on in Hebrew tradition than I did before) --

First assumption: that God's native language is Hebrew, Aramic, Semitic or any one of several dialects, time periods, or individual pronunciations. It is not.

Second assumption: that the phrase "in his name" means the given assumed name that individual desires to have spoken. In this case the assumption is that "in his name" means speaking the actual name of Father God, or the son's name Jesus. -- Nope, "in his name" is more a legal term of authority.

Third assumption: that communication is a series of sounds. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." -Shakespeare - Communication is a series of thoughts shared. -

Look closely here.
Paul wrote "How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter." -- 2Corinthians12:3-5

If it is not lawful for man to speak something, can God say it?

What is a name? It is a representation of an entity's essential character. The name represents and signifies the essential character, verbally, visually, or in any manner, which conveys an understanding of somethings essential character. That is its Glory. That name convey its weightiness, its grace, its beauty. This applies to any name of anything, much more applicable to any name of our LORD GOD. -- I speak and write with all due brevity and respect.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." -- Revelation2:17

Imagine that - selah - Think about it. There is a name only the individual and God know. You can bet when I hear God call that name of mine I'll pay attention.

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." -- Revelation3:12 -- See new+name_search

Imagine that - selah - Think about it. Who is the pillar in that text? Whose new names are being written on what pillar? -- Selah. Amen. Hallalujah Exclamation

Note: Psalm104:4 "Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:" -- God has spiritual attributes to communication. ie.Speech and mininstering must be understood to be conveyed, or of no value. See also Psalm104:23 "He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke." -- Psalm104

One of the early Israelites had an encounter with an angel. It went like this. "And the angel of the LORD said unto Manoah, Though thou detain me, I will not eat of thy bread: and if thou wilt offer a burnt offering, thou must offer it unto the LORD. For Manoah knew not that he was an angel of the LORD. And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?
And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?"
-- Judges13:16-18

In the New International version of the Bible in verse 18 the angel says, "18 He replied, "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding." Manoah couldn't begin to speak or understand angelic speach.

NOTE: In King James Verison the name is " seeing it is secret" in the New International "It is beyond understanding." There is some version or some text which explains better that the angel's language could not even be spoken with human vocal cords, but sorry can't find it right now.

Both 2Kings18:26 and Isaiah36:11 say "Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language in the ears of the people that are on the wall." -- Why did they ask this? So they could understand them, right? So the people on the wall could not understand them, right?

In the book of Job it is written, "He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness." -- Job33:26

Revelation22:4 says, "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." This is not a brand burned into some kind of spiritual flesh. We will constantly have God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost, in the forefront of our minds. Personally, I long to see Their Faces.

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."
-- Revelation22:3-5

1Corinthians13:12 -- "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." -- Now there is the ultimate expression of knowing ones name.

Bottom line. Exact answer. We will not speak God's name right until we speak it in our heavenly language on the other side of eternity. Let me add, you have brought up many other good points in the thread topic essay. Bear with me please Mommeya, I'll get to them in this post.

At the same time, Anytime you speak the name of Jesus, or God the Father, or the Holy Spirit, understanding they are the Creator and Redeemer of all their children and creatures, then God respects your use of His Name. If one version or speaking of His Name has special signifigance to you, or others, fine. If not, due reverence should be shown His Names one does understand. -- Isaiah9:6

"Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"
-- Isaiah52:5-7 -- Zechariah6:12

Hope this is beginning to help answer the question. If it is more special, for you, to say Yashuah at times, ok. (don't because someone else says so. don't turn it into an idol.) Some Jews today won't write the word God, as a name. They will write it G-d, out of some kind of respect. Leaving vowels out I guess. I don't know, I am not Jewish, Hebrew, or Israelite, except spiritually. Spiritually I believe I am from the tribe of Issachar.

Note again Isaiah52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." -- I just wrote "Spiritually I believe I am from the tribe of Issachar." -- Any knowledgeable Hebrew knows the ten commandments are where God would place His Name.

Quote God, ". . . I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."
Quote _Ken_ " . . . I believe I am from . . ."
(( I is called a personal pronoun. ))

"And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."
-- Exodus3:13-15 -- I+AM_search

Mommeya wrote:
In this you are exactly right and answering your own question, if you think about it. "IN the Name of God." "IN the Name of Jesus." "In the Name of Ken." "In the name of Decency." All these expressions denote the Authority and Power for an injunction to act." I.E. Do this in the name of so and so. By the power and authority of so and so. This would be fairly obvious concerning the subject you speak to, namely the importance of ancient names, if it hadn't been confused by the same people you cite as authority and shapers of the lexicon.
Quote:
The Masorites were concerned that Hebrew was becoming a lost language so they invented the vowel point system to preserve the sounds of the Hebrew language. However, in keeping with tradition they were not interested in letting everyone speak the pronunciation
It seems this is some of the roots where the Mosaic culture learned to manipulate and control through the use of TRADITION. -- all of a sudden i want to start singing Tevya's song from Fiddler on the Roof. -- TRADITION.

Read Matthew Chapter 23 for a full discussion of what those boys the scribes became by Jesus' time. I can see a group of scribes sitting in a cave saying, "If we let everyone learn how to write it, we will be out of a job. Better yet, we can say it different every time, then they will always have to ask us if they got it right" -- See Matthew23

The understanding of word etymology and origins is very important. By doing it one learns things of the culture. This emphasis on forms and traditions under the Mosaic covenant was in large part retained due to the organizing of the early church around existing traditions. Your treatise above helps me see that clearer.

Where you quote Celsus as authority for what the early Christians were doing, and why, I find a little naive in acceptance. Here we have a superstitious idol worshipping pagan writing a paper/book titled, "A Discourse Against the Christians." -- That doesn't sound like an objective observer or someone with inside information.

debonnaire wrote:
I believe that the most important is to know the person . When you know the person, there is great chance that you also know the name of the person.

People who know Jesus in a superficial way , because they have heard of him or whatever, canít really understand what His name means, until they come to Him.... to the place .. yes to the seat of Grace in repentance and faith that they will be received and welcome by Him who has borne their sins.
I'll say amen to that.

In closing this post let me ask this hypothetical question:

Imagine you or I were confronted with a true case of demonic possession. (Or imagine any simple prayerful request to our heavenly Father if you prefer. The next questions still apply.)
If you were moved to say "I cast you out in the name of Yahushua Messiah," would the demons be more bound to react than if the LORD moved me to say "I cast you out in the Holy Name of Jesus? Would it make a difference if Bro Debonnaire was speaking fully French when he blurted out, "IN the name of Jesus, begone."?
A thought which applies in my mind. -- Could a deaf person be able to sign His Name?

I feel I must add this before posting. God did a good job when he confounded human's natural language at the tower of babylon. -- Genesis11:1-9

Note what the following scripture says. "Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent." -- Zephaniah3:8-9

n Jesus our Lord,
ken

Jesus comes.

Last edited by ___ on Sat May 24, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mommeya

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject:

I dont see any disagreement...
I beleive in the name of Jesus Christ I just want to give a perfect praise.
Hosanna Hosanna Hosanna to the Lord on high!

One day I was praying and I started to sing this song I had never heard the word Hosanna, so I asked someone and the peson said it means the highest Praise... Hosanna Hosanna Hosanna to the Lord on high!!

Mt 21:9 - And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Mt 21:15 - And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,

Mr 11:9 - And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:

Mr 11:10 - Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
Mommeya

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject:

I will reread again "just in case I missed something"..
Razz Very Happy
love yas!!
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: What's in a name?

Below is the source text for the Forum Video Post at this next link:
What's in a name? - Video Post #2 --
Also in the More Video Options thread.

Mommeya wrote:
I will reread again "just in case I missed something"..
Razz Very Happy
love yas!!
Not so fast sister. You ain't gettin off that easy :!:

It seems to me, currently, the thread within the threads still centers around God's name. Trying to line up the strings and trying to connect the dots, I still get back around to the basis for a name, like Ken or car, being the key here. The basis for any name is a definition which will clear up many difficulties.

"What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." --Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, II, ii --

If I may, Let me take a moment to explain the word remember. (yeah like somebody's gonna say, "no Ken don't do that.")
You know what remember means. But think about it for a minute.

Webster's dictionary defines remember as: to bring to mind or think of again. -- dictionary_remember

Now no matter what you call a rose, unless you knew what a rose was, the name would have no meaning. It would just be a word, not even a word, but an indistinct sound. Now if the name rose had signifigance to you, you would smell sweet flowers in your mind.

When you remember someone's name you are remembering what they are like.
For example: if you know some one, and can't remember their name, you can describe them. You can remember what they're like.

If you have a name but don't know who or what they're talking about it doesn't mean anything. Even worse, if you have a name, paired with something opposite or different than what you think, it becomes easy to believe a lie about what ever is named.

For example: remember the story about the guy driving, ready to pull out in traffic, and he couldn't see around the corner. So he asks the passenger, " is anything coming?" The passenger replys, "Nothing but a dog." The guy pulls out, and gets hit by a Greyhound bus. -- For those that don't know, Greyhound Bus lines emblem and logo is a greyhound dog. --

Imagine this sentence:
I tried remembering his name, but drew a blank, maybe it was Ron or maybe it was John. In this case there is a person's character known, but no way of telling others who you're talking about. Unless you describe them you are stuck.

Simply, a name is a representation of some things essential character, behavior, presence, and glory.

Now let me take a moment to explain the word phrase "to place." (Yeah like somebody's gonna say, "no Ken don't do that.")
You know what "to place" something means. But think about it for a minute.

Webster's dictionary, in its definition for the word "place" as a verb, defines it as: to appoint to a position -- dictionary_place

So when one places something somewhere, one is putting that something in a particular, specific, and certain location. When some one says, "I put my name and reputation behind it." They're putting their character up as collateral.

Is God going to put His name up as collateral, for people who don't believe in Him, or aren't willing to do what He asks?

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." -- Psalm138:2

"Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven." -- Psalm148:13 -- Name+above_search

That's about all the remembering the little video portion of this post can take. To understand more about these principles log on and read more about it in the forum post at this link--> http://www.kf1.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=871#871

Maranatha. Jesus comes. Period.
----
As we continue to look at and remember these important principles in the printed word, let us also remember to thank and praise God for giving us understanding through Jesus the Christ.

To summarize: A name is a representation of some thing or some one's essential character, behavior, presence, and glory.
So when you remember someone's name you are remembering what they are like. If you have any sense about you, you want to know the truth concerning who you're talking about.

Whether or not one knows all the character traits in an entity, a name signifies the sum of those traits which are apparent.

Let's take a close look at the following scriptures from Ephesians:
"17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:"
-- Ephesians1:17-21

"... what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe,..."?
"... he raised him from the dead, and set him..."
"... Far above..."
"... every name that is named,..."
"... in that which is to come:"

God is thinking far beyond what is going on "in this world."
Remember, God is settling the issue of sin once, and for all eternity.

name+be+polluted_search

"For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together."
-- Isaiah48:9-13

"And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour; and ye had made a covenant before me in the house which is called by my name:
But ye turned and polluted my name, and caused every man his servant, and every man his handmaid, whom he had set at liberty at their pleasure, to return, and brought them into subjection, to be unto you for servants and for handmaids.
Therefore thus saith the LORD; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the LORD, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth."
-- Jeremiah34:15-17

Take note of how many ways God's name and God's character are displayed in the 10 commandments:

"1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not."
-- Exodus20:1-20

Notice, like comments made in the Eternal covenant Thread
Right smack dab in the middle of ten commandments you have God's name title and seal showing the LORD's ownership of creation.

The Commandments are understood to be the expression of God's character and will. Their importance is understood, as the ten commandments were placed in the ark of the covenant which was placed in the Holy of Holies chamber of the temple and tabernacle. When the glory of God, in the form of the shekinah, was present, it 'sat' on the lid of the mercy seat, like a throne. Within the Ten Commandments are the expression of God's character, name, and being.

Remember, the controversy in the history of planet Earth have to do with God's character, what God values in Himself.

Any legal covenant or agreement must have a seal or signature. A signature and seal authenticate the correspondence as genuine. This actual seal/signature represents a person's name, dominion, and title of authority, witnessed by seal or signature. Ultimately, when you sign or seal something you are putting your character up as collateral. You are saying "I agree with this." (note personal pronoun I) When you sign something with your name you are saying I recognize and will remember this.

God does not put His character up as collateral for counterfeiters.

The Sabbath command satisfies the requirements for a legal name and sealing signature.

To have any legal seal, as in a Seal of State, seal of authority, seal of position, three things must be present:
1) The name of the seal holder, 2) his territory, 3) and the seal holder's authority, these things make up a legal seal.

"Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy." "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day." The Lord (name of seal holder) made (title/authority: Creator) heaven and earth (territory). The judgment hour message says to worship Him that made "all things." -- Revelation7:2-3 -- Exodus20:8-11 -- Revelation14:6-7

The fourth commandment is where God has made His Eternal Covenant with Himself to create.

"23 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
24 Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.
25 There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.
26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.
27 Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.
28 And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken."
-- Ezekiel22:23-28 -- untempered_search

Being moved to stop there and upload this, I, Ken, will click submit.

Jesus comes. Period.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Who am I? - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: