kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who am I?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Who am I? - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Who am I?
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

Who am I? What makes us tick? Personal Truth in Jesus. This is a valid question. The truth is, we humans lie to ourselves alot. How are you ever going to get truth out of someone who rationalizes it away? Why is it often so hard for a human to know the truth about themself? What really is the truth in your life, and ours, and our world's life? If you want to talk about fantasy, assumption, and suppose so, at least call it fantasy and supposition. -- Praise the Lord we are alive!

Truly, since i think with my mind, can see through my eyes and senses, and feel with my feelings, I know I am alive. Since you, dear reader, can also think with your mind, can see through your eyes and senses, and can feel with your feelings, know if you are alive.

But maybe not. -- Maybe you just think you are alive. -- The book of Jude in the Bible talks about people who are/were "twice dead and plucked up by the roots." -- Jude1:12 -- Jude1:10-13 -- The Bible also says there are people who appear alive but are actually dead.

But you know you are alive. Absolutely dear reader, because you are reading this. Praise to the Lord for His tender mercies. Thank God i am alive. -- wordsearch=tender+mercies

Jesus said "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" and in the book of 2 Timothy the apostle Paul wrote, "It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:" -- 1Timothy5:6 -- John11:25 -- 2Timothy2:11
For further study see dead+live wordsearch

The Lord has blessed me, or cursed me, depending on your outlook and uplook, with certain character traits making me suited to hosting and moderating this forum. I often have an instinctive discernment for the truth of things, and i ask a lot of questions. For example, usually when someone starts talking about themself, they are often deceiving themself. In other words, when someone starts by saying "I am just like a . . ." a large part of what follows is bull. Have you found that true? Has your experience been that people often lie to themself in their own self perceptions? One with experience can often see through the fabrications. I am a little better at it than most, no bull.

As we get older, if we are honest with ourselves, we learn to recognize and avoid self deception, because we love and value the truth. The apostle Paul wrote, "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." -- 1Corinthians13:12

I have looked at the burning bush of Life from all angles. About the time one begins to learn how to deal with life, the experience is spent. The days are done, the opportunities have been taken, or missed. The next thing to look forward to is resurrection morn. Pray you will be found in Jesus on the first resurrection day.

The Bible says, "therefore love the truth and peace." -- Zechariah8:19
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." -- John8:32
"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" -- 2Thessalonians2:10-11
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." -- Revelation21:8

If you are honestly searching for the truth, about religion or about yourself, you've come to the right place. The truth requires a certain amount of sacrifice, effort, and emotional risk. I believe, since you are reading in this forum, you are willing to take a little emotional risk, and believe, which is really no risk, because God Himself loves you, and "careth for you." The Bible says, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." -- 1Peter5:7 -- Hebrews11:6

God makes me willing to accept Him on faith, because that is who i am. I hope pray and trust, you accept the Lord on faith, because that is who He makes you. amen.

Go ahead, Surf around, read a few forum posts, then register. Some threads are open to general public replies. Only registered members can post in all threads. Registration has benefits. Only registered members can post new topics. Only registered members can vote in polls or edit their posts at will. For more information about guidlines for posting see the forum category "Forum Purpose."

Thank you for your interest and participation in this forum. I, Ken, happily and prayerfully look forward to our fellowship together, in Jesus Christ, within this forum.

Sincerely, in Jesus, ken
Jesus comes.
Cool
The_story_teller

Post reference link - PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: I was born in ISA:61

I thought 'who am I' was an appropriate place to say hello and introduce myself.

Isa is a small town in Queensland Australia. One of the last great cities on earth, and the largest till just recently. It was discovered by a man with the same name as me in '23 of this century. (The same year boy king Tutankhamen was removed from his grave.)
The city was founded on what is known as the 'Black Star', and the people of the city set up residence on the east of it's shire. The most outer suburb of the city is some 200 miles away, and the length of the highway is the same as the river Jordan.
Isa is also Arabic for Jesus, so in a way I was born in Jesus, or at least the 'city of Jesus', in '61.

This is how god got my attention to begin with. After that I was to learn that Jesus was also the offspring of a man called David like me. He was christened by a presbyter just like me, and he had blue eyes just like me.

I grew up being abused by my family, not all mothers should keep a child born of rape/child abuse. I was abused by my Government, Wards of state can not keep their babies. They took two of them away from me. After that I was abused by society because of the attitude the family and government left me with. Now I feel I am being haunted by god.

I listen to what many have to say about the bible and it's teachings, but I have had many theories about that, which differ to others. At this time I won't go into details, but one of these ideas is about the interpretation of Genesis 3. I kind of view Genesis 1, 2 & 3 as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, everything after that is Interpretation. I also have a thing about the pattern of numbers 66, 66, 23/61, 6/6, which come from the book as a living fruit with a seed within itself.

Sharon................... Rolling Eyes
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Welcome & Congratulations

Dear Sister Sharon the Story Teller: Maranatha

A public post welcome & congratulations on your first post. Thank you for your honesty and candor you display in your first couple posts. Thank you also for your patience. I know how it is when one gets ready and does something, then they are ready to go, and then have to wait. Here in the U.S. the phrase is "hurry up and wait." Some say i apologize too much sometime. Will say it again though, to all members, thank you for your patience with my slow responses right now.

Sis Sharon, since you have expressed to me, before joining, your penchant for writing itself, allow me to say also, I understand the urge to write. Boy do i. -- My personal moving is toward the truth of all things. Of course that kind of motivation does not lend itself well to story telling. Especially when it comes to the Bible, one should be very careful of the record in Scripture.

As stories and novels go, there have been several written which have been taken for doctrine and true teachings. Of course they are not.

Having said that, if the Bible, or any part of it, speaks to one in a certain way, one should take note, and compare it with the truth one knows. By mining God's word through the true pattern Jesus gave, jewels of truth can be found. -- http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Malachi3:16-18;&version=9; -- http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs2:3-5;&version=9;

I have no problem with stories if they are understood as such. But things like the "Left Behind" series are dangerous. Many "charsimatic" and "penecostal" leaning people have no problem speaking for God in proxy. Sometimes i pray for them and the legacy for which they may have to account.

Know this; YOUR perspective is important. God has given you life and breath. You have decided to fellowship with us in this forum. Great, sister. You already have read enough posts to know I will try my best to "speak the truth in love" from my perspective. -- Ephesians4:15

Of course you have brought up many things in the above post. Excellent. -- You are exactly right in your choice of topic. Thank you for the honest sharing in your introduction.

I do have two questions:
Are you, do you consider yourself, Christian?
You say you were born in Isaiah61. How do you mean that?
You weren't born thousands of years ago.
Not trying to be too excited, but i am glad you have decided to 'join' us. -- -- Another forum I go to has several Australian and New Zealander members. I am also on a mailing list for a group which publishes "new authors" to the internet. This could be something you would want to look into.?

Sincerely, in Jesus, ken
Jesus comes. --------------- ------
The_story_teller

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Who am I?

I do have two questions:
You say you were born in Isaiah61. How do you mean that?
You weren't born thousands of years ago.

Dear Ken, I am neither Athiest or Christian...I am a child of god. Not to sound rude, but I did not say I was born in Isaiah 61. I said I was born in Isa 61. This I explained in my post, 'who am I'. It is a little town in Australia, built on 1,500 sq km's of ground.
I was not born thousands of years ago, but the spirit of Jesus that lives within me was.
This is how God got my attention at age 28. I lay awake thinking about the things of the day that had passed. Then my eyelids went red like somebaody had opened my door and turned the light on. When I opened my eyes there was an oval light hanging in the doorway and the door was closed. It was spooky, because this light just hung in the air. Then in as much time as it would have taken a human to walk to my bed, somebody I could not see gave me a hug. It didn't last long and then a few moments later the light disapeared.
By morning I could not convince myself that this did not happen, so I went out in search of some one who might explain it to me. I found a priest that told me that this kind of thing is something I have to put my own interpretation on and handed me a piece of paper with Isa 61 on it. I have hypergraphia, so when he told me to read it I was somewhat confused. Once he explained it was not about where I was born and the year I was born, I went home and read Isa 61 of the bible. ( I guess in the way Isaiah 61 came to my attention, you could say I was born into the spirit of Jesus, through Isaiah 61)
From then till now, (18 years) I have been reading many things about the bible, the land and the people ever since.

Sharon
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Thanks for explaining

__ken__ wrote:
The_story_teller wrote:
Dear Ken, I am neither Athiest or Christian...I am a child of god.
.and.
. . . the spirit of Jesus that lives within me . . .
Okay, thank you for the honest answers to my questioning. I guess the further question is whether you have been baptized as an understanding believer. At first glance I would say no. At second look I would say Maybe? -- To me the public profession of baptism is the key to answering my question "are you Chrisitian." I am okay with you considering yourself a "child of god." From the looks of things you are still seeking, and that is good no matter where you are spiritually.

Your testimony of "conversion," where God got your attention, was interesting to me. Thank you for sharing it. On the surface I would agree with the priest, you have to decide what it means to you. Yet, others can help. There are others who would take it to extremes and tell you every little line you wrote about in your dream/vision "meant" something. Avoid extremes. -- Thank you for the candor and sharing in your posts.

Thanks for explaining about the Isaiah 61 and the town Isa in Australia. I think that makes it clearer. Are you living there now? How big a town is it?
Quote:
you could say I was born into the spirit of Jesus, through Isaiah 61)
From then till now, (18 years) I have been reading many things about the bible, the land and the people ever since.
Then you are probably quite knowledgable in your spheres of expertise.
Jesus said, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." -- John14:26

So let me ask this question. I just have to ask it directly. Have you been baptized as an understanding believer, Sharon the story teller?

With that i'll lob the ball back into your court and await your further input in this conversation sis. (((say that three times real fast and see if you run out of breath))) . . . Laughing . . . Rolling Eyes

your brother in Christ, ken
Jesus comes. Period.
--------------------------------- LLLLL LLLLLLL
PS -- It looks like i absolutely positively have to roof today.
The_story_teller

Post reference link - PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: baptism

sorry for the long wait on my reply. Been throwing myself into a story about the first 21 years of my life.

I have not been baptised in water. I tend to see the whole baptism thing differently to others, as I am not one that believes in the interpretation of Genesis 3 that man has handed down over the years.
You know that bit about Eve should not have eaten the fruit. Reading it without mans interpretation, I am more inclined to believe that she did not leave the garden with Adam. I tend to think that she was left in the garden till she desired for Adam and then she left by the river, into the wilderness to find him. Actions speak louder then words in this case, and it was the first acts of Jesus that gave rise to this understanding of it for me.
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: on waiting

Dear Sharon, the story teller:

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to make a response to your latest posts. I assure you, I am not ignoring them. In fact, I look forward to conversing with you, about both the principles and subjects, of your posts. Maam, my apologies also if somehow I offended you causing your long absence from posting in this forum.

Regrettably, I am still not quite able to devote sufficient time to express my thoughts on your subjects. Thanks also, in advance, for your continued patience.

At any rate, forgive me any seeming offense and thank you very much for your patience. I hope and pray to shortly have some comments written for you.

In Christ,
Ken
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> Who am I? - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: