kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Praise Jesus, I flew today

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> All things Powered Parachute - Especially training, safety, and experience - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Savage

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Praise Jesus, I flew today
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

Praise the Lord...Last time I went up was Aug 17...I finally got enough strength together Ken to get up today...Upwind and downwind was calm as could be,but the air was a little bumpy in the turns...They cut the soybean field 3 weeks ago, but until today wx was not cooperative until today...A beautiful sun filled day...All I needed was my longies on...I stood up for an hour, and the soybean field is only a matter of 100 ft from my driveway...Taxied right to it...Spent 1/2 an hr kicking over the soybean stalks that were left before I laid my chute out...7 knot wind, with a couple gusts up to 12, but that was it on the 2 gusts...Legs are on the shakey side right now but there settling down slowly...I took off on some bumpy ground, but overshot it when I landed...Was a textbook landing, Praise God...But it was all nice soft sand and slowed me down real quick...As usual I kept pumping the lines to bring it down behind me, but it sailed right over the top a me so had to work it back over the trike...I was lucky the take off was on firmer ground, or I never woulda got up in the sand...It was difficult for me to get back to the firm ground, cause the front wheel kept digging into the sand every time I gave it throttle...I really needed to get back up there and spend some quality time with the Lord...A lotta bad things have been happening on this end with me, but soon as I got airborne, for that 1 hr they all left me...
God Bless You and Yours Ken,
N'Christ Jesus,
Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> All things Powered Parachute - Especially training, safety, and experience - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: