kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honesty Pills

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> What Happened - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Honesty Pills
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

Now taking a "Honesty Pill" is taking a good honest truthful objective look and appraisal on ones own actions in a given situation.

Like I said on the forum front page, and I will repeat it again, here in the thread:

The wrath of God ends in an all consuming fire.
One really needs to avoid that. If I were a smart human being would want to make peace with that God.
God will have His wrath against the destroyer.
Dear Reader, don't get caught up in that!
Dear Readers, don't be a part of that controversy and the judgment involved in that!

It makes sense to take a few "honesty pills" in order to avoid suffering judgment under that wrath of God.

What is an "honesty pill?" Everyone makes re-assessments of their own positions and actions. One has to assess and re-assess their life to get along in this world.
An honesty pill is when you honestly realize your responsibility in a situation. What part of the difficulty or progression do you play in the situation.
Where have you been righteous and guilty in your own life?
Where are you going to be righteous and guilty in your own life?
Honestly.
Honestly, when you look closely and objectively at your own actions, . . . most times, don't we all come up short?

Just Do It! "For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not." -- 2Corinthians8:12

"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" -- 1Peter4:18

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." -- Hebrews10:31

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" -- Romans3:10 -- no+not+one_search

Jesus said "28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
-- Matthew11:28-30

So let me bare a little bit of my soul for you right now.
Though I am moved, dare I say compelled and obsessed, with my mission and the message, even so I am also plauged by waves of doubt and assailed by Satan at every turn. It often feels like I am a misfit and a reject, so self-willed and willingly ignorant, sometimes my mind tries to make the case for me being lost and rejected of God. Satan tries to get me to believe that. Satan assails my mind and my efforts.
I resist. I believe in Jesus. Satan wants to take our minds away from the victory given in Jesus the Christ. -- 1Peter5:8-9 -- James4:7-8

I believe, and I try to understand. Like Paul the apostle, "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
-- Romans7:23-25

Additionally I am reminded of this next text:
"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;"
-- Colossians1:21-23

When this forum TruthInJesus.net was first started, one of the first conversations, was on holiness. That conversation did not get very far.
It was not understood what sin was. The parties involved could not reach consensus as what sin was, and what holiness is. Sin was not expressed in understandable terms. The conversation on being holy did not get off the ground, really, instead it turned into a miscommunication, at best. At worst, what must be said, Satan got his way and he mucked that truth and got it all messed up.

Remember the Bible says there is a law of sin and death, . . . and a perfect law of liberty. -- Romans8:2 -- Romans7:5 -- 1Corinthians15:56 -- James1:25 -- James2:12 -- Romans6:23 -- Romans3:31 -- void+law_search -- wrath+to+come_search -- Colossians3:4-10 -- wrath+of+God_search

"For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come."
-- 1Thesssalonians1:9-10

"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" -- 1Peter4:18 -- Jude1:14-21

"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right." -- Proverbs20:11

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."
-- Ephesians5:1-2

Now let me bare a little bit more about my soul. Let me share some more information about what this child of God, Ken, believes he has or has not done, is doing, and hopes to do. By now some of the more senior members of this forum have noticed the changes and upgrades to the front index page of the board. Things progress, or die off. My sincerest apologies for the forum board being"unavailable" lately. Most of you know I am slow replying to stuff anyway. Most people are not quick to tackle things which have unpleasant aspects. Often it takes time to figure out what to do in situations which are difficult and saddening.

The situation with my African friend Fedesco Sr., and the thread which documented our friendship is one of those difficult and saddening things which become hard to figure out. I do not want to rehash what went on in that thread. I only mention it in order to explain what was done in that thread, and what is being done in this one.

In fact let's go back even further, even before starting the forum aspect of the kf1.org website.

I believe I was born into trouble. It seems trouble grew up next to me getting bigger and badder than I will ever be.
I learned real quick "life is not fair and people don't act right."
As I reached school age I felt I became a misfit, and a sideliner. Then it was on through a high school of horrors and the College of Kicks. I feel my education went on through the University of Uppercuts with doctorates in frustration and disappointment. Unpleasant things to live, admit, and accept. Praise God and His Son Jesus for all truth.

Please forgive me if this post and article gets longer than I would like it be. I have a lot on my mind and heart and soul I would like to share with you. I may break it up into different connected segments as needed. I have to thank brother Marc (Doc Savage) for being so complete and open in sharing his testimony in the "Who am I?-->I am he who has been, he who is, & he who always will be eternally - Doc's personal testimony" thread. Brother Doc's boldness in sharing his life so fully helps me in this sharing of mine.

I would like to thank brother Clans also for helping spur me along in writing this post by building my confidence. Clans' sense of purpose is compelling, as I also hope I may share my sense of purpose with you.
It has been some time since the forum has been up and running.
There have been so many troubles in this forum undertaking, I would have trouble knowing where to start telling you of all the troubles. If it were not for the Large and Loving Grace in Jesus and the Gospel Message there would be no-way i could share this stuff with all you folks.
Remember Jesus said, ". . .In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -- John16:33

I have tried to stay cheerful, though the tribulations and double troubles have piled on and on and on. I feel I've had more than my share of troubles, so many and so difficult, I am just plain worn out. I have no strength left. The Lord have mercy. Lord strengthen me. O Lord have mercy on us all.

Oh I wasn't born without limbs or terribly disfigured. My family wasn't wiped out in a car crash and I don't think I have a terminal disease, yet, unless dealing with sin qualifies as a terminal disease.

No, I just think I was born an idiot and a fool. The Bible says, "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?" -- Romans9:20

Thank God and His Son Jesus, Salvation is not about that!
Thank God and Jesus salvation is for the fool and the wise.
Through the plan of salvation the fool may become wise. Despising God's plan and power will also make the wise, very foolish.

"Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him." -- Proverbs26:12 -- wise+fool_search

Even if I am a fool, at least I am an honest fool. I'm God's fool if nothing else. I've given myself and my heart to Him. And that's that, even if sometimes I try to take my devotions back.

"He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered." -- Proverbs28:26

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" -- 1Corinthians1:27 -- 1Corinthians1:24-31

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise." -- 1Corinthians3:18

Maybe I'm just too meek a person. I should just state, I often feel I'm too nice, too accommodating, too meek and mild. Maybe I don't stand up for myself enough, and let people walk all over me. Jesus said "The meek shall inherit the earth." But He didn't say it would be easy to turn the other cheek. -- The+meek+shall+inherit+the+earth_search -- Matthew5:1-16 -- Matthew5:39

I don't want to mummur against God, just cry to Him.
In the final analysis God is judge, not me. God promises salvation within faith, trust, and obediance in Jesus. As the apostle Paul said, "... yea, I judge not mine own self." And "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." -- 1Corinthians4:3 -- 1Corinthians4:5

But I've seen trouble. I know trouble and tribulation. I've had and seen physical troubles and spiritual troubles, emotional troubles and mental troubles. Troubles in the family and out of the family. Troubles in the world and out of the world. I've seen more troubles than a dog can shake a stick at. I've had trouble with friends and trouble with enemies. I've had trouble with money, LORD KNOWS I HAVE, but who hasn't had money trouble. Everyone knows money can be a big difficulty and trouble. Lack of money, or way too much, both can be a big evil in the world. Thank God salvation has nothing to do with any of that.

Thank God, praise God, none of this has anything to do with salvation. Thank Jesus my salvation is sure.
And no holy roller on a broom is going to take that away from me. No one is going to tell me I'm not saved by Jesus.
I heard His story. I believe Him. -- John6:37

No one going to question my salvation without a fight.
There is where I draw the line. And no one will ask me to provide proof of my repentance. God be the judge. I might be a stupid fool of uncontrolled id, but I'll be *&#&&###" if I will let anyone try to steal my Jesus from me.
Thank God for Jesus my salvation is sure.

Jesus said, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
To me, Ken, that settles that. -- John6:37 -- John6:36-40 -- 2Timothy1:12

"Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward." -- Job5:7

"Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble." -- Job14:1

Oh Lord there has been so much trouble.
Oh Lord there have been so many fools, and so much foolishness.
Oh Lord have mercy on us all.

In my time I have hurt people I've loved . . . . .
I've hurt people I love, done things I shouldn't do, not done things I should do, and pretty much messed up my whole blasted life. Hard *&#&&###" thing to say, but often I think it's true. I am a Romans8:28 kinda guy, but man, sometimes, what was I thinking? Lord have mercy on us all.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." -- Romans8:28

And I have even done these things all while being "Christian." Selah! Imagine that!
Praise God I'm better than I have been in the past.
OH LORD have mercy, I sure hope & pray so. I sure hope & pray I'm a better person than I was. I know I'm trying. I know I care!
OH LORD SAVE us from this body of sin and death. -- Romans7:18-20 -- 1Corinthians15:2-5 -- 1Corinthians15

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." -- 1John1:9 -- 1John1:8-10

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." -- Proverbs28:13

I am not a wicked guy, not by any means. I take no pleasure in the pains of others. I don't create mischief looking to make someone fall. -- Proverbs4:13-19

I thank God, and Praise God, there is always someone,
stupider than me... there are some mighty stupid people in the world.
wiser than me ... there are some pretty wise people on this planet.
poorer than me ... Praise God I'm not as poor as some people have to suffer. - Lord knows there are people a whole lot poorer than I.
richer than me ... except to learn and do, I don't care, I feel I'm mighty rich in His Spirit. amen.
But I do remember God made me, ME, ... so there.
I'm Just Ken. Lord have mercy on us all. --

Praise God and thank Him, salvation has nothing to do with any of that. Hallelujah amen. (besides the mercy part i mean)

READING BREAK #1

Still, like I was telling a friend, this is a hard post to write. In fact I was singing them a song:
"Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
. . . nobody knows my sorrow.
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
. . . nobody knows but Jesus."
Sorry I can't give you the tune in print.

Sometimes I think also, "I'm the biggest fool that never hit the big time. . . And all I got to do, is act naturally."

Shoot, I know I have shot myself in the foot, figuratively, also so many times. Golly, just about the time I heal up from hurting myself the last time, often, there I go again, chopping off the other foot. Thank God Jesus will let some of the blind and maimed into eternity. Thank God salvation has so little to do with much of that.

People who know me have heard me say, "When someone starts talking about themself, half a what you hear is bull-hockey(hokey) and the other stuff you hear self-perception.
Let me restate that: When someone starts talking about themself, half a what you hear is half-truth, the rest of what they say is their opinion of themself. Have you ever heard the expression, "A legend in their own mind?"
Usually, I avoid talking about myself, just because of that principle, the principle of self-deception rampant in a world of sin. We humans are too good at self deception. -- Proverbs20:6

Man, I know, most of the time, there's no way I know what I'm doing. The rest of the time, I just think I know what's going on. Even here Jesus gives me solace, for the Bible says, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
-- Proverbs3:5-6

Don't get me wrong, please understand, PRAISE GOD, I've had a good life. God has given me much joy in my knowledge of Him. God has done quite well providing for my needs, way above what could be. Way above what I feel I deserve. Ken's mind doesn't think that way anymore. But there I go "getting the cart before the horse."

I thank God, and Praise God, there is always someone
stupider than me... wiser than me ... poorer than me ... richer than me ... but God made me ... so there.
I'm Just Ken. --

Thank God through Jesus the Christ Salvation has nothing to do with any of that.

Sometimes I think I have made every mistake that ever was, at least three times over.
How many times have I spent chasing after the wind?
How many times have I spent dealing with the devil's dogs?
How many times have I carried a bad attitude, and been anything but cheerful?
How many times have I shot myself in the foot, yeah both feet, and Jesus has had to bind me up and heal me, leaving scars to remind me of my foolishness. Praise God for His mercy to young and old alike.

There are fruits and cords which come from the seeds of salvation. -- Galatians5:22-25 -- Galatians5:16-26 -- fruit+of+spirit_search -- Ecclesiastes12:5-7 -- Isaiah33:20

There are also fruits and cords which come from the results of sin. -- Proverbs5:22 -- Matthew12:33 -- Matthew13:23 -- Romans6:23

God says, "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." God draws us to Him with cords of love, cord of love held in graven hands. Praise God for His generous mercies. -- Jeremiah31:3 -- Isaiah49:13-16

Thank God I feel I am better at living life than I have been. Lord I hope so. Lord Have Mercy on us all.
Yet I still cry to Jesus about what I see as my poor life skills. Praise God, Jesus has mercy on the poor. -- Proverbs22:2 -- poor+rich_search -- poor+mercy_search

Psalm69:5
"O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.
Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face."
-- Psalm69:5

"But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation." -- Psalm69:13

Oh there are reasons, always reasons, for the way things are. There are often many very good valid truthful reasons for the way things are, good or bad, including things in my life. Sometimes, there are just excuses. Often there are reasons given which are true, even if not good reasons. And of course there are liars who lie to themselves and others. Oh yes, there are almost always reasons for why something was done or happened, whether one knows the reasons or not.
Often a human reason or excuse changes depending on the person, persons, or circumstance. Different people can do the same things for different reasons.

The only real difference, between reasons and excuses is the truthfulness of the information. You can have reasons, even if they are not good, which are completely true. One can have good reasons, or semi-invalid reasons, or even just plain bad stupid "reasons" which are still honest and truthful. Yet we must remember the Bible says, "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right." Such borderline semantics of arguing excuses or "reasons" are things left for courts of law and late-nite conversation. This forum is not a court of law, even though we search for the truth in Jesus. One has to, you have to, take some honesty pills yourself, and search yourself, for where you personally fall short. -- Proverbs20:11 -- Psalm50:6 -- judge+himself_search -- 1Corinthians11:26-33 -- Romans14:21-23 -- 1John2:1-3

Now don't get me wrong, I haven't had troubles and difficulties as bad as some people. Actually the Lord has been quite gentle to me and I thank Him for it. Since oneself is closest to their own troubles, one's small personal pain always seems worse and more painful than anyone else's pain could ever be.
In Fact, Praise God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, They have been very very very good to me and gentle and merciful. I have missed just enough meals to know about being hungry. Praise the LORD. The Lord has given me many benefits. Praise the LORD. I know the Lord has gotten me through more scrapes than a child learning how to ride a bicycle. Somehow God has always put good bandaids on my 'boo-boos'. -- Proverbs30:5-9 -- Psalm103:1-5

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not the dumbest person there ever was either. (I don't think) Thank God, I'm not "that stupid." In fact some people consider me smart, and quite wise. The're entitled to their opinion, little lol.
(extremes are almost always offbase - I Am Just Ken - remember the bullhocky principle) -- Luke18:9-14

The book of Proverbs is one of my favorite books of the Bible. Often both the wisdom of the wise, and the foolishness of fools, is recognized in me.
Thank God through Jesus the Christ Salvation has nothing to do with any of that.
A good case could be made that I am one of the wisest people who ever lived on this old Earth, because I believe and trust Jesus. Thank God, yea PRAISE GOD, for His great promise of a New Earth, and my assurance of eternity with Jesus. amen . . . -- 2Peter3:13

I could get into multiple sections in my troubles & difficulties, but I will not. I could get more specific talking of my good points and my bad, but I will not.
Our Loving Lord Jesus has spared me from having to recount my sins unto you. I love you, dear reader, dearly, yet I do not need to tell my personal sins to you.

When God gives motivation, all sins must be confessed to God and forsaken in heart and spirit and fact. Some sins need be confessed to the brother or sister whom one has hurt. And some sins must be confessed in public. (Baptism is ones public profession in Christ, which comes after confession and repentance.) Pray God will give you His "...repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;..." that one may "...recover themselves out of the snare of the devil,..." -- 2Timothy2:24-26

If there are things which come out in this public world we live in, so be it, amen. If I need to get specific about sharing circumstances in my life, in order to help someone else who might be in that situation now, then I will share that circumstance as His Holy Spirit will move me. Dear Reader, ultimately, it doesn't matter what trouble one gets in, my salvation in Jesus is sure. Is yours?

So many things depend on how one looks at the situation and perceives the "facts" and circumstances. Like we tried to discuss facts in the now closed "Friend Fedesco" thread, it was difficult because, as humans, one's personal perceptions cloud all our judgments.

WE ALL know when trouble pains you personally, your life can be miserable, especially while it is happening. Sometimes the pain dissipates with time, and sometimes you have battle scars which will last all of this lifetime.

Just above I wrote, "Ultimately, it doesn't matter what trouble one gets in,..." and another statement followed about the assurance of what is before me.
Remember things often depend on your perspective.
So let me now say, "Practically, it matters very very much what trouble one gets in,..." because I must live my life now, here, on this Earth, and the Lord said, "...occupy till I come."
I could diverge a thousand ways.
Yes there is advantage of being wise, over being a fool, yet God is the maker of both. -- Luke19:13 -- Romans8:28 -- Luke19:10-14 -- Luke19 -- Ecclesiastes2:13-15 -- Proverbs22:2 -- Ecclesiastes6:7-9 -- hath+wise+fool_search

How often do the things we do and choices we make affect the rest our entire lives?

The psalmist King David wrote:
"For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me." -- Psalm40:12-13

Depends on how you look at it. So many things and judgments in this Earth depend on how one looks at the facts and circumstances. This is one of the things I thought quite valuable in the "My African friend Fedesco - sharing the orphanage dream" thread. That thread showed a major difference in perspective. It is a shame that thread has had to be closed and moved to a private hidden archive. More will be said about that situation when I discuss the status of the board a little later in this letter.

Of things which are important to me:
I have almost always carried this burden for my message,
Jesus is coming, soon, period.
I have almost always cared a burden for my mission.
Jesus has always given me a vision of flying with Him.

When I finally reached the point in my life where I was ready to start writing "The Book" I had already had many major frustrations, in both life, and my mission. Every decision has usually been difficult, every result is usually less than optimal.

The website was not yet on the net then, 'cause the Internet was really very new, and The Book was just barely written. In the progression of things a printed book was the goal. Winter was coming on. It had been, I thought, a good year for the roofing business. So I paid my roofing help to help me format the book, and do a first printing, and do some initial market testing for publication. Shoot I didn't know how these things work. I had already made a trip to New York to try and sell it to the publishers. Wasted effors? I don't know. I don't know how to judge all that, as it is still in process and awfully close to my heart. All those things and all that sort of stuff happened over 14 years ago. In a worldly sense all those efforts did was leave me behind financially, and learning lessons of life.

Later, after the website kf1.org was established, I was telling my roofing helpers how I wished I could just climb up in the sky and yell down that Jesus was coming. One of my roofing guys directed me towards ultralight aircraft. From there the Lord directed me toward finding my Powered Parachute. There's a whole other story in finding my machine but will have to save that for another time and another post.

Well I flew around town, and I ran my advertisements in the papers, and I put up my posters, and distributed the advertising fliers. I even went so far as to get in a local air show. These things I would do again if the Lord would so guide me. Shoot, I might even add highway billboards if the Lord were to so direct. Anyway, back then this was all very new.

I started the website. I did search engine optimization. I sent out emails by the hundreds, as many as can be done honestly and by hand. Even then nobody liked e-mail spam sent to any email address.

Well I found a few friends and several who weren't. But mostly Satan did his best to make sure I was ignored. Of all the things which are most effective in the devil's deceptions, making something important, ineffective and ignored, is most valuable to him. Satan's first line of defense is to ignore the truth. And if he can't ignore you to death he'll send trouble.

In case you were wondering I am not a professional Computer Marketing expert. Shoot, I can barely hack together a web page. For any person who doesn't already know I am not a professional credentialed congregationally paid minister. In fact there is very little which would compel anyone to listen to me. Why would God give me such a motivation to share my love of Him, and not some day, some way, make it all worth while? -- No, I have my mission, even if no one is listening.

Fact is, God has provided for this work, the website and this forum is proof that at least this much has gotten done anyway, even if not the way I thought or would have prefered. Praise the Lord.

READING BREAK #2

Now you can imagine my joy, . . . as a frustrated Christian, . . . when I found out there were such things as Christian forum message boards.
The potential for fellowship, and finding out the truth within Christian discipleship, through the use of an Internet forum in the Internet age, is unbelievable.
In short order the Lord led me to three Christian message boards. In fact, there were several in all, and I learned much from each. But at least three particular Christian boards bear further mention now. I am definitely a "wilderness Christian" (a term I learned from these forums). I am somewhat ignorant as to how church groups do. And it seems these three boards had members in common, commenting on the same topics in all three boards. One of these message boards, Revival School, was moderated and maintained by the evangelist Andrew Strom. Revival school seemed to be a focal point for the theological discussions in all three forum boards. I still occasionally reprint something from the Revival School e-mail list on this TRUTHINJESUS.net forum board. I would love to talk to brother Andrew and share the differences in our walks with the Lord Jesus, and maybe someday we can, but for now let me stay on the discussion at hand.

It seemed then the revival school board had a good mix of pastors, real theologians, and reasonable spirit filled lay people posting and sharing life and viewpoint and faith. I tried to contact Andrew Strom then, and posted a few links to his pages in my web pages. I started posting at revival school some. But I was small potatoes and he didn't pay much attention to me. After a few little bits I found he had bigger problems going on.

It seemed the undercurrents and religious squabbling which had taken over the Revival School message threads was deeply pervasive. I and several other new-comers became ostracized and ignored. After a short period of my trying to get in on the theological discussions, one other member in particular begin to browbeat people, myself included, using scripture as a weapon. I had one person on another board even call me an anti-christ. Finally, someone dismissed me with such a stupid statement and I quit posting. Later the revival school forum board was closed. In short, what I found going on within Christian message boards was reprehensible. Way too much squabbling going on. Was I, am I, too naieve to see it coming?

About this time, before the original RS board was closed, for several reasons, I was moved to start the TRUTHINJESUS.net forum board. It had become financially ignorant to keep paying for a telephone Internet connection which wasn't being used just keep the website hosting.

So we moved the whole web site kf1.org to a new web host and set up kf1.org/forum.
I had thought no one in Revival School or the other forums had given me much credence. I didn't have a Dr. of Theology degree. I did not have a large church backing me up. I didn't even have a large Internet following as I never learned how to keep a mass e-mail list. Yet after I sent out as many "e-mail forum birth announcements" as I could there were a few people who registered to post.

It is easy to have miscommunication in Internet forum media. The possiblitiy of others having hidden agendas is quite large. It is not often easy to see people who love to kill other people's joy. There are way too many kill-joys in this evil world. Before long a member had the audacity and brazenness to tell me "my conscience was seared." How cruel. How hurtful! There are way too many people in christendom willing to wield Scripture like a bloody club, hatefully bashing meeker brethren in the head with one-sided arguments.

The Bible says we should, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." The key here is "to rightly divide" and understand the principles specified in the Word of God, the Bible. -- 2Timothy2:11-16

Well if all one wants to do is argue and debate, what is the point in that. I had hoped to find someone who wanted to open-mindedly talk about Jesus, and God, letting Scripture and the Holy Ghost be our guide. When someone else wants to do nothing but fuss and condemn, that just sucks the joy right out of doing anything. Most killjoys make everybody miserable all the time. Who wants to write and respond when those kind of attitudes and spirits are floating around?

Well, there have also been several periods when nothing has happened on the board. Just like in life, often nothing gets done. I have often said, "If nothing happens, nothing happens."

Then along came my African Friend Fedesco.
I have also said before, "be careful what you pray for."
Brother Fedesco came to the forum as a needy African refugee who likes to write and talk on the internet when he can. A full thread with over 40 pages has been written about Fedesco and his involvement within this forum. Yet that thread has had to be closed, archived, and hidden.

By way of explanation, allegations were made of misappropriation of funds, and lies. What followed were many ancillary accusations ranging from outright thievery and scam artist actions to miscommunications and hidden agendas.
It was even taken so far as to question Fedesco's personal salvation, requiring him to provide proof of such.
Ridiculous. After much trying to explain myself in the matter, it was deemed the thread should be closed. The thread was closed, but for a while was still available for reading.

By that time bro Fedesco had already stated he was sorry, without accepting all the accusations. It was Fedesco's desire that the thread and his posts be deleted. At first, I refused to remove the thread, for continuity's sake. In my opinion there was, and is, much good information and several object lessons which can be learned from that thread. However, another member who had posted, had also written things they wanted deleted. This other member wanted their info deleted and Fedesco wanted his and I'm sure still others involved would also want specific information deleted from that thread.

I prayed long and hard over what to do about that.
What has been done is this: The thread, "My African friend Fedesco -sharing the orphanage dream" has been closed, locked, and moved to a hidden archive intact. That thread has not been deleted, just hidden. If it is ever needed for future reference it is there. If a good reason can be shown for someone to read it again, it is available. If not, and no one needs to review it, the thread can be buried. I think we have spent way too much time and effort into that thread. There are usually always good outcomes and bad outcomes in a situation. Having a hidden archive also gives me a good place to move other threads which become outdated. There are already a few outdated threads, and I keep saying the forum could use a good prune. -- Rolling Eyes

To give you a rundown on the status of this board, TRUTHINJESUS.net, ( kf1.org/forum ), the web hosting and domain name fees have been paid for another year. Those readers and members who are familiar already with this website can see some changes in the forum front page.

A chat room has been added giving opportunity for some really spontaneous discussion. No real record is kept of what is said in the chat room, so one can say what they want without it lasting as long as posts made in the forum.

There are even links to a couple games, "Bat the Penguin," and "Fireworks in New York" for a couple fun time wasters.

A whole new "main forum" has been added to the board. The forum title is: "All things Powered Parachute - Especially saftey, training, and experience." I hope and pray a forum on Powered Parachutes helps answer questions about the PPC aspect of this project mission.

The Word of God is worthy in continuing with this project.
I would like to do some more videos, especially in reading the word of God. I hope and pray to start a video on Proverbs soon. And anybody who knows me knows . . . I would sure like to be able to fly my Powered Parachute again. We will see what the Lord may do. I would like to do a video of me rebuilding my flying machine before I start on the mission of the Gospel Roadshow and the pre-planned road-trip. I would like to do more Scripture videos too, starting with that book of Proverbs, or maybe even do Ecclisiastes5. -- Ecclesiastes5 -- Proverbs1

So I guess, we're gonna open the forum back up, and give it another year "on the net." My apologies to all the members and readers and any guests who came to the forum while it was offline. My sincerest apologies for any delays.

Without much more comment, I'll finish up this post by quoting more Scriptures pertinent to this post.
Remember, Jesus is coming for those looking for Him, and who want to see Him. -- Hebrews9:28 -- Hebrews12:1-3

The Bible says:

Psalm107:17 through Psalm107:22
"17 Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.
18 Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.
19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.
20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing."
-- Psalm107:17-22

"I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
I said in my haste, All men are liars.
What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD."
-- Psalm116:10-13

Psalm 111:1 thru Psalm 111:10
"1 Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
2 The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
3 His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
6 He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.
7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.
8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."
-- Psalm111:1-10

Remember, Ephesians5 goes on to say more about how we should live.
"1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret."
-- Ephesians5:1-12

The apostle Peter wrote:
"If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf."
-- 1Peter4:14-16

"For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:"
-- 1Peter3:17-18

And our beloved brother the apostle Paul wrote:
"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?"
-- Romans2:1-3

Jesus said. "35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great."
-- Luke6:35-49

"The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness."
-- Luke11:34-35

"24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
-- Hebrews10:24-31

Think about it, God can do whatever He wants.
"What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved."
-- Romans9:22-25

"But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
-- Romans10:6-10

Remember Jesus has characteristics and advantages we do not.
Jesus is God.
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go." -- John8:14

"Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture." -- Psalm100:3

"For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
-- Romans10:11

Maranatha Exclamation
Jesus is coming. Soon.
. . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> What Happened - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: